A Mosaic in the Making

I'm excited to be planning a community mosaic for Elan's Grand Opening coming up in December!  

The expert that I turned to?  Michelena of Wolf Willow Studio in Spruce Cliff, Calgary.  While her studio is currently gearing up for Wreath and Plantar Season with Rocky Mountain Wreaths, she had some time to prepare us for the mosaic we're planning.  I feel like I may be taking on a big project, but knowing what tools, materials and supplies I need will break this into more manageable projects.  Plus, she has so many books for design inspiration!  


A sun filled room at Wolf Willow Studio!  Just imagine the evergreen scents.  




Digging through the yellow drawer
For me, the pieces of our mosaic will represent our different staff members, practice members and our community.  I hope to bring pieces from both the old office and new.  Did you know that our *NEW* (old) office in Bowness came with some funky teal tiles that we pulled off the walls and hope to build into the mosaic?  I am sure some pieces will be arriving in our life that will fit into this mosaic just perfectly.  Plus, I have coveted having an art room for some time, so this may give me the excuse to do so for a month.  

Do you want to be a part of our Elan mosaic?  

Please come and join us for our GRAND OPENING on December 5th 5 pm to 7 pm.  If you have a specific piece that you want to contribute, bring it along and we'll provide the glue!  You can even bring us colored pottery or dishes or stained glass (or rocks, crystals, you get the idea) and we'll see how to fit the pieces together.  

Isn't half the fun the anticipation of what comes ahead?  I'm looking forward to seeing how this piece unfolds.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Appreciate- It's Patient (and Community!) Appreciation Day Soon

Outdoor Inspiration

Clay and The 12 Senses