Day 25/180

I may have left you in suspense out there...what's she going to do to as a countdown to her 45th birthday?! 

I was not entirely sure when I started. Back in December at the Solstice, I attended an Intention evening when we released what we needed to for 2018 and welcomed in 2019. Mine didn't entirely make sense, I released my need for a defined location for sacred space and moved forward on challenging myself physically and spiritually, KNOWING this was going to be a big year for transformation.  

The next day I still didn't know WHAT I was training for, but I started training/ working out, and started by doing the 128 stairs near our house leading up to a nearby development. I managed 3 sets and exhausted myself! My postpartum state of activity has not been pretty. 

The next day I visited Calgary's beautiful new library and left with books on hiking and trails. My brain was thinking the Camino in Spain or Portugal, or some more nearby adventure hikes. A spiritual journey or a gruelling physical one? Maybe some paddling, hiking, or something still unknown. After picking through the books and considering the trips over the next week, I pretty quickly narrowed it down to hiking the West Coast Trail. First I looked at the North Coast Trail, but with the thought of joining a group, it seemed the WCT was the most accessible, most rescuable, and more logical for a non-backpacker! Although still terrifyingly hard. I thought on that for a while. 

Weeks 1-3 I kept up my exercising because I have a big journey ahead of me! I averaged a stair workout about 4 times a week-building up to 5 sets (600+stairs) in that time range; did some at home (or in the backyard) strength-focusing on legs and core- and cardio; played in the pool; and in week 3 was able to add back a regular yoga class, then tried out a group circuit/ adventure training class, and a challenging new yoga class. 

Just after my 21 days, as now I'm assured I have a new habit established ;), I signed up for the group tour for the West Coast Trail-yay! I'm already feeling stronger and was proud of myself for being able to participate in new classes that I would normally have passed on. 

Now on week 4 I'm still working on figuring out a schedule. I tend to have one rest day a week where I include mediation or visualization, am still aiming for 4 stair workouts a week, plus yoga and group class as able. For someone who used to plan everything according to a schedule, this is a new one for me to go with the behaviour and the WHY of why I'm doing this-to start my 45 with a new baseline of health so I can be more engaged with my daughters, better able to serve my practice members, an example of a wise, healthy woman, and experience aging gracefully and as getting younger!  

Juggling workouts, a houseful of girls, pets and a husband-who coincidentally wants to Marie Kondo our house at the same time, entraining practice members, running a business, visiting family in BC, FOOD, sleep, and having a sane life may be proving to be a challenge, and I know this 6 months of effort will be worth it for the impact on my life. 

I've been happy to have a Facebook group that is joining me on this challenge-some of the participants are running, walking, decluttering their homes, eating better, writing, and more! It is inspiring to have others along on this journey and I look forward to seeing all of the lives transformed!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Appreciate- It's Patient (and Community!) Appreciation Day Soon

What You CRAVE

Outdoor Inspiration