Feng Shui at Elan

Feng Shui Bagua Map

Finally!  I've been wanting to share some behind the scenes of our ever-so-long but its-going-really-well build out of our new office in Bowness.  

Once of the best parts of this do it yourself thing, is being able to be part of every little thing.  

We've torn things down, Scott framed it up, drywalled it, and I'm sure we'll eventually share more of the process.  It currently has paint and is about to get some real floors-cork and tile!  

One of my favorite things has been to structurally plan where things were going to go and to use the Bagua map from Feng Shui to do so.  I had help from Jessica Erlendson, (music and feng shui) for some pointers for our rooms.  

First we took our office layout and mapped out the corresponding zones. See how the colors can correspond?  




Easiest way to cover your bases?  Write your affirmations (or they may be intentions) on the wall or in the wall since its on my drywall forever more.  I've included my affirmations for our Skills and Knowledge Zone so that you can get the idea.  I have written affirmations or intentions for all of the Zones, and they are slowly fading away behind the paint-but I know they are still there!  

Other great ways to honor the zone-use the color appropriate for the area.  For example, I have included a green wall for our Family Zone.  I may include green art, blankets, photos of our family or other people families, etc.  

Our office came with an ugly old counter and desk.  Sealed in the counter top, were 3 types of old currencies-a Canadian dollar bill, and 2 I can't identify-I'm assuming Eastern European.  Scott has cut them out and guess where they now reside?  They're in our Prosperity Zone with our hot water tank.    

The office is still in the works and so are our Feng Shui plans.  I like that what we have done to date is establishing the energy of our office and contributing to how things will flow once we are practicing there.  My trickiest part will probably be to keep enough negative space to allow the energy to move where it needs to.  

Have you used Feng Shui in an office or home space?  How did it work for you?  

If you get a chance, please come and visit our new space (we'll be open in a couple weeks!) and let me know what you think!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Appreciate- It's Patient (and Community!) Appreciation Day Soon

What You CRAVE

Outdoor Inspiration