In Like a Lamb
We have a lot coming up at our office this month as you can see in our current newsletter:
Elan's March Newsletter
Our first big event is this upcoming weekend, with the Festival of Health and Wellness. I'm excited to be both an exhibitor and a guest workshop presenter. I'm using this week to put the final touches on my workshop. I'll be sharing 3 Steps to De-stress; using breath techniques from The 12 Stages of Healing (a book by Dr. Donald Epstein) to identify where we hold tension in our body and easy ways to connect and release this tension.
Right now, I feel like I need that deep breath to re-focus.
Wouldn't a 5 minute break be a perfect addition to today? Here's a simple way to take a stress break:
- Sit comfortably in your chair, or lie on your back with your knees bent.
- Place both hands one on top of the other at the top of your chest.
- Take a deep breath in your nose and then out your mouth, working at bringing all of the movement, breath and energy right under your hands.
- Repeat 5 times.
- Slide hands down to the bottom of your breast bone/ where the ribs connect.
- Repeat 5 breaths at this area-breathing in your nose and out your mouth.
- Last position! Slide hands down to your belly button and continue breathing in your nose and out your mouth for five final breaths.
- Focus breath, movement and energy right under your hands.