Transform Your Work and Family Culture...
How do we create and live not only the picture of health in our work and home life? How do we live congruent with our beliefs and values? We're bringing together Elan's ideas on wellness, education, family and whatever comes up along the way-a little Waldorf and Steiner, a little Network community, and any other gurus that we meet along along the way to help our family and office in transformation.
It's Mother Earth Month at Elan Family Wellness Centre. Here's a guest post from our Reflexologist Sandra to help you through pregnancy! Top 10 pregnancy tips
1. Get comfy clothes (think pants with the big band on top, yes those). Invest in some supportive bras in larger sizes, some sports bras work well too.
2. Get a support team together (doula, post partum doula if you need extra help other than family & friends).
3. Get educated on what kind of birth you would like (water birth, birthing centre, midwives). Read both Ina May books.
4. Think about nutrition and source some places for healthy foods. Plan some easy meal prep and high protein snacks and have them on hand, you WILL get hungry fast!
5. Use your benefits, check out acupuncture, chiro, massage etc. and treat your growing body to some relaxation and re-aligning.
6. Move! Walking, swimming, prenatal yoga... It'll do you and baby good.
7. Be gentle with yourself. This us a time of huge and crazy hormonal adjustments, and you are growing a human! Cut back on extra curricular stuff that isn't a necessity and schedule yourself some down time.
8. Explore homeopathics and other energetic medicines for pregnancy symptom relief (nausea, sciatic, emotional, etc).
9. Get away for a short holiday if you can before baby comes. Relaxation and a break from your routine may be just what you (and your partner) need as a reconnection and motivation towards the "home stretch".
10. If you are planning to breastfeed, do some research on that as well (as well as finding out where to get some professional support if needed), and give you and babe at least 6 or 8 weeks to learn if you can.
Welcome to our office-we look forward to seeing you!
In case you haven't been by yet, I thought I'd give you a preview of what you can expect when you come for a visit.
We hope to share our office space with you soon! You can help us to celebrate the new space by joining us for our Grand Opening Celebration (AND 10 year birthday party!).
Join us Friday, December 5th 5 pm - 7 pm. We're building our collaborative mosaic, and will have gift bags for our first 50 in attendance, a door prize draw, drinks and snacks, and crafts for the kids! We're also kicking off our season of giving, by collecting donations for our Adopt a Family from the Bowness Boys and Girls club. Please RSVP at 403 217 5577.
I may have left you in suspense out there...what's she going to do to as a countdown to her 45th birthday?!
I was not entirely sure when I started. Back in December at the Solstice, I attended an Intention evening when we released what we needed to for 2018 and welcomed in 2019. Mine didn't entirely make sense, I released my need for a defined location for sacred space and moved forward on challenging myself physically and spiritually, KNOWING this was going to be a big year for transformation.
The next day I still didn't know WHAT I was training for, but I started training/ working out, and started by doing the 128 stairs near our house leading up to a nearby development. I managed 3 sets and exhausted myself! My postpartum state of activity has not been pretty.
The next day I visited Calgary's beautiful new library and left with books on hiking and trails. My brain was thinking the Camino in Spain or Portugal, or some more nearby adventure hikes. A spiritual journey…
Thanks to Dr Robert Clarke, Chiropractor at Elan Family Wellness Centre in Bowness/ NW Calgary, for these thoughts on Perception-part of the Triad of Change.
After looking at Structure and Behaviour the past two months this time we will look at Perception and how we can sometimes use our Perception in creating change in our lives. For some people finding their inspiration or motivation is key before taking action. The feeling of accomplishment is what drives them create a structure or to get things done. If you are one of these people, it is essential to get to know what makes you feel good, where in your life you get inspiration from. For me personally, I lead with Structure, take action then feel that sense of accomplishment. The shift in perception is the reward for me.
Take a little time to think of things that make you feel good: being with family, mountains, water, certain colours or a nice tidy work space, etc. Once you have identified some, hold them in your consciousness, see …