21 Energy RIch Days II (Perception)

It's week two of our 21 Energy Rich Days Challenge and that means…. Its Perception Week! 

An overview of how I approach Perception Week (keep in mind I use Structure to Spark the change and then Perception to Sustain it).

1. Make your goal specific. Mine is To Be a Memory Keeper for my Family. I will dedicate at least 15 minutes a day during this challenge to document our family's memories using the mediums of journaling, scrap booking, photography and related activities. 

2. Create and Visualize Your Outcome. Bonus points if you print it out on colourful paper and put it somewhere you see it everyday. My outcome is to update my daughter's and family's journals; to work on my youngest Year One Scrapbook; to organize photos and take photos of our life together. I get more energy if I phrase it as… "I enjoy looking at my daughter's completed scrapbooks and reading our family's memories. I am creating a long term legacy for my children and subsequent generations." (not to confuse you… a see a bit of behaviour surfacing) 

3. What feeling or emotion can I attach to my Intention (Outcome)? For my challenge, I have joy when I visualize looking at our memories together. I have a sense of completion. Working through my family memories helps me to process the extremes of emotions that certain events have triggered, and allows me to look back at them and see the positives. (Trust me on this, I just scrap booked my pregnancy and birth photos and that was months of extreme emotions and physical stress. Intense.) 

How do I bring more sensations to my project? A perception approach means try out using colours/ visuals, texture, different tastes (if you're in the kitchen), new music, etc. My project is extremely visual and I like to bring in some texture while I work with different layers of material. 

4. Create space to complete this. I do better if I think in terms of routines and rhythms in my day versus structure. 

More Tips!


  • Am I doing this project for myself, for family, for co-workers, community or larger scale? 
  • How will I feel/ How will they feel as I work on this project? 
  • Can I tie this in to a long term legacy?
  • Vision Board may be a source of inspiration for you.
  • How do I keep my project novel so I stay interested in it? 
As you progress through Perception week, pay attention to what is working and what doesn't work. What do you love/ hate? Do you feel patterns presenting themselves? Do you feel stuck? 

Are you feeling your progress to date? The more things change and progress, the more you are building your power and happiness.

Take time to celebrate the changes you have created and take a moment to be grateful for challenging yourself. By making these changes during your 21 Day challenge, you are ultimately influencing others around you. Future changes will be easier to make with the success you are building! 

Let me know how you like Perception Week! What else works for you as you approach making change from a perception perspective? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Appreciate- It's Patient (and Community!) Appreciation Day Soon

Outdoor Inspiration

Clay and The 12 Senses