Time Well Spent with Ina May Gaskin
- Promote good posture and strong bones-specifically to help in pregnancy and birth, but we all need this!
- Learn from nature-how do animals birth? Don't interfere unless necessary!
- Walk the cows in (which helps the release of milk).
- Our private parts are “shy”-that's why they're called private parts ;)
- Do what is asked of you (that's basically how her grandmother became a midwife).
- Walking & hard labor is better for you than the “idle life”
- Question advice that doesn't make sense to you-Ina May's first pregnancy and birth included a restricted diet, diuretics, and forceps before the urge to push.
- Surround yourself with positive stories-such as the 20 minute labor for a first baby.
- Be in awe of the power and influence of the birthing mom!