February and Warmth

Our office Elan has just sent out our monthly newsletter and this month our theme is warmth... Creating a warm home environment, wool, libido, fevers and warmth in general to tie it all together. It makes sense, doesn't it? Half of the country is getting ready for spring, but for us, let's dig our heels in for that next month or two of winter.

Scott and I have finished our last leg of the food challenge. Paleo won over Vegan, but I'm pretty sure some of the grains and dairy will sneak back into our diet. We both lost 10 pounds in the month, which I think is amazing. My success breakfast when I got sick of eggs and spinache.... Applesauce with sesame, pumpkin, flax, and hemp seeds. Now that we're done, I'm realizing I don't know how to eat anymore! Another project to consider, but I'm tired of giving so much energy to food.

February has arrived with a new challenge for me! I was tossing around the idea of warmth and considering what I wanted to work on. One of my goals in 2013 (and always and forever more) is to be more intentional as a parent. There's my new theme-28 days of focused, intentional parenting. (and what does that say about my current parenting?)

To start it off-I have 2 1/2 days off of parenting as I travel to Ottawa for a seminar. Time to brainstorm for projects to take on, crafts to make, parks to visit, dates to plan, and letters to write perhaps? Eye contact games to practice, dance parties? I'm just brainstorming but what do you think makes one an "intentional parent"?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Appreciate- It's Patient (and Community!) Appreciation Day Soon

Outdoor Inspiration

Clay and The 12 Senses