Monthly Report Food Experiment 1/3 done!
Day 6- Reintroduced my regular foods (aside from what I'm avoiding). It took my stomach and digestive system a couple of hours to think about the omelet that I had for lunch. Then I probably went overboard and had left overs for dinner-rice pasta, sausage, spinach salad, and a glass of wine. An hour later and I'm still thinking about it, even though the portion size was easily half what I normally eat. And I haven't finished that glass of wine and haven't decided what to do with it.
My appetite was reduced today, but I still have good energy. I'm also craving more vegetables and fruit compared to my norm.
(Later-Threw out the glass of wine-shocking-and experienced a near comatose state after dinner.)
But by ...
Day 7- I feel Normal!
Days 8-10- It's really not too exciting for these days. Our office hosted my CRAVE group on Tuesday and I prepared non-gluten treats, which were well received. And I brought in a similar snack for my Women's Wellness Circle that met today-no complaints at "healthy" food.
- I worked out at the gym and felt that I pushed myself, but no next day muscle soreness.
- My tummy feels less "doughy."
- I have lost another pound over these past 5 days-currently 169 lbs.
- I'm still eating things like cheese and crackers-just with rice crackers, so I don't feel completely healthy having the dairy, but no digestive issues.
- Definitely have wanted to eat bread, but it wasn't too big of a concern to avoid it.
- Substituted a chocolate craving for a black bean brownie.
- Scott lost about the same amount of weight on the cleanse-5 pounds.