2013-Year of the Goddess

I've heard it a few times over the last couple of days-that 2013 is the Year of the Goddess.  It felt right, but I wasn't sure what it meant, so I did a little bit of research.  Here's what I have come up with...


I thought perhaps it was because of the '13', as I know that is a number that is important to the female/ Goddess.  I believe it is a lucky number to have 13 women gathered, although the number is considered unlucky for the rest of the world.  That's where my knowledge ended.  Then I also learned that we are heading into the Year of the Snake, according to Chinese astrology-a water snake year, in fact.  Water is yin, with the snake also being sacred to the Goddess.  

Who is Goddess?  "she is maiden, mother, queen and crone. she gives birth to life and she also takes life. her Soulful roots lie down in the depths of our emotions- she is not above them or beyond them, she IS them. she is also the earth and all her bounty- she is the ground we walk on, the air we breathe, the Mother we get nurtured from, the bodies we inhabit."   (From Divine Harmony).  

There is more.  Remember the end of the world on December 21st?  Apparently the New Mayan cycle is moving us toward a balance of male-female energies with more value placed on feminine qualities. (Inner Scientist)   Women are connecting more with their ancient feminine energies by creating, blessing others, collaborating, using their intuition, connecting with both their sensuality and wisdom.  

The year of the Goddess information keeps sneaking in.  Today from Pink Elephant Communications Facebook Page I saw this, "From the looks of my newsfeed, there's a lot of pressure to make plans for 2013, to do things "bigger and better", to be resolved.... but winter (for those of us in the northern hemisphere) is the season of the crone, a time to be quiet, inward, intuitive. A time to tap inner wisdom, a time to dream. Give yourself and your business that space. Be gentle. Use this time to rest and to wish. Spring will be here soon with her gifts of energy and then you can create all you dreamed this winter. At least that's what feels good to me. ♥"


It all sounds good for me.  I have felt the need to purge and to wrap up last year, but I agree this time of year feels like it is perfect to hibernate, to dream, and to plan.  I look forward to how else the Goddess energy will be showing up.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Appreciate- It's Patient (and Community!) Appreciation Day Soon

Clay and The 12 Senses

Outdoor Inspiration