Reminder to be Mindful

After the celebrations, the company, the food, and then going back to work for a very busy two days, I'm feeling the need to savour the last few days of my holiday.  Which means I will still be working on that to-do list and making plans for 2013, but I hope to be more mindful in these last 3 remaining days of the year.  

Do you sometimes find words that resonate?  This post was the first in my reading list this morning and the one that I came back to a few times.  Without typing out my view of it, she has said it so lovely, that I'd like to share it with you.  Enjoy!   

 Kanelstrand


"I challenge you to spend this day mindfully. 

Sit quietly for a moment and reflect. Let the stream of events surround you like the waters of a fast and cold river but don't allow them to carry you away.

Here you are, today, having the only chance to live it to the fullest. 

Treat it like your last day. It really is. You will never have the chance to re-live it again.

Be present in the moment. 

Observe your surroundings. 

Listen to your body. 

Go outside, look around with love and be grateful that you are alive and healthy.

Your priorities will change once you embrace calamity and you will be able to finish off your duties much more efficiently. You will enjoy them, to that matter.

And stress will be no more. 

Whatever happens, don't let a moment slip away without you being fully present. The year ends in a couple of days and instead of wasting time for manifestos and affirmations you'd better take action and start living mindfully today.

It is the simplest thing you can do. Just be present here and now."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Appreciate- It's Patient (and Community!) Appreciation Day Soon

What You CRAVE

Outdoor Inspiration